Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My first kayak fishing tournment is in the books.

Well my first tournment is in the books. It was a tough two days of fishing the beautiful Chatgue lake in georgia. I headed out on chatgue and start to throw my confident baits, i use all the time around weiss lake ,But to my surprise nothing, no bites ,no hits. I got stumped on day 1 and my confidence was gone.I headed back to the hotel and watched the roll tide football game and  with my confidence gone and thinking in my head, what am i going to do and I told myself don't give up . So I made up my mind to fish hard on day 2  and give it my all. I  am not a very good  finesse fishermen and knew i had to go to that and decide to use a lizard . Then i paddle over to a dock and casted  the lizard under the dock and twitched it twice and WHAM a 13 inch spotted bass. Then casted again in the same spot and the lizard got smacked by a largemouth bass that was 13 .25 inches . So i caught  two fish and lost two more ,but i didn't give up . I had a great time fishing my first tournment and can't wait till next year .I  had a blast meeting all the ska ( Southern Kayak Anglers)members and  fishing their tournment ,and it is a awesome tournment trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment